Saturday, February 26, 2011

A wholesome jam

Bram feeling it on the keys.

This Thursday was the first jam where I feel like it's really what it's supposed to be. Different flavors of musicians from all over, constantly flowing with new ideas, a fun celebration, a chill and soulful vibe.






The highlight for me was a nice groove that Paco started with a noteless rhythm on bass.

He just arrived from Spain and was recommended to the jam from some of his friends. Looking for a musical community, it seems he's happy with what he found. The groove that he started filled in with Francisco on the bongo and Fico at the drumset. Ali, Kit, and I filled in with some chords and melodies, but the rhythm was the driving force.


Francisco chilling with his friend.

Francisco is also a newcomer to Amsterdam looking for a good community. Before the jam he was telling me a story of playing his drum on the street, when a man started yelling at him to stop. But other people came to his defense, and a little girl tied a ribbon to his drum. Yes, you are appreciated. Sometimes the affirmation is there and sometimes it is not. But good work always has its impact.


Getting the groove on with Paco.

The next jam is on my birthday. I'm wrapping up a wonderful year, 27 (3 to the 3rd power). I expected it would be a joyful year, learning to open myself to be free and true. It has been.

As I close the chapter of 27, I open 28 (4 directions of 7). I hope to continue my outward growth and find balance. Let the celebration begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment